Alison Smith – Redhill
I am proud to be representing both Redhill Labour Party and Sunderland Co-operative Party as part of a great team of community focused councillors, helping to secure:
- Fly Tipping – Additional enforcement officers now in place and the cost of bulky waste removal slashed to just a tenner!
- New 20mph Zone – Now delivered across our community with additional traffic calming measures in place with vehicle speed activation signs to follow.
- Community Play Parks – After 7yrs fundraising we now have our new Play Park in Redhouse, with an additional Play Park now open on the new Downhill Football Hub.
- New Schools – Our campaign has been successful in ensuring a new school on the old Bishop Harland Site and a replacement school for Willow Fields Primary
- CCTV – We have installed CCTV around Downhill Pond, Willow Fields Primary and planning the same in Downhill near the old school.
- Community Centres – Financial support for both Redhouse and Town End Farm Community Centres and other community groups.
Alison delivering Labour Party calendars, to the residents of Redhill, which contain useful contact details like for Sunderland Council's Community Support Hub
Getting to know Alison
Who inspires you to be better?
What’s something you are self-conscious about?
My inclination to be assertive!!!
What was the last gift you gave/received?
Flowers to my daughter who is a nurse.
When did you last go on holiday and where?
2019 in North Yorkshire.
What misconception do people have about councillors that you wish you could change?
The “Brown envelope” syndrome.
Where did you go to university and what did you study?
Sunderland and I studied Combined Honours in Psychology and Sociology.
What is something you will never do again?
Abseiling, NEVER AGAIN!
Red, white or Rose?
All of the above!